Do you want a career in healthcare Administration?
Healthcare is one of the largest industries in Australia, and a variety of administration positions are opening up in this field.
Unlike many other careers, jobs in healthcare administration includes a variety of locations, including hospitals, doctor’s offices, public health institutions, health insurance companies, long-term care facilities and more. The wide range of opportunities available provides many opportunities for career advancement.
Kickstart your rewarding career with a Medical Administration Training (MAT) qualification.
Reading and Writing
The course is an online course so you need to have basic English reading and writing skills, or higher. As a guide – you should have completed Year 10 schooling, or have proven workplace written communication skills.
To ensure successful completion of this course you must have sufficient English speaking skills to be able to communicate with your Student Advisor over the phone.
Numeracy skills are only required to a basic level eg calculations with calculators.
Computer and Internet
- Basic computer skills
- Access to a Desktop Computer or Laptop; some course work may be completed via mobile devices
- Internet access with Internet Explorer 8+, Chrome or Firefox
- Microsoft Office 2010 or higher
Strong motivational skills to complete self-paced online learning
LANGUAGE & FOUNDATION SKILL REQUIREMENTS
There are five ACSF Indicator levels. 1,2,3,4,5.
This course requires students to have foundation skill level: Numeracy 2, Learning 2, Writing 2, reading 2, Oral 2 in English. All students will be assessed on their Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) on enrolment.
Courses usually take 12-24 months to complete, depending on the type of training schedule undertaken by the student. Students study from anywhere, anytime. As this is a flexible learning program students can complete much sooner if they desire.
WHEN CAN I START?
You can start as soon as your enrolment is processed! For more information, download the guide.
WHAT ARE THE SUBJECTS?
This course is a great combination of administration skills and health environment knowledge.
Here are the units you will study:
4 x Core Units:
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate & work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in Workplace Health and Safety
8 x Elective Units
- CHCCCS020 Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- BSBINM201 Process and maintain workplace information
- BSBWOR202 Organise and complete daily work activities
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- CHCCCS010 Maintain a high standard of service
- HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology
- BSBWOR204 Use business technology
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED?
100% online – Students login to our easy to use eLearning hub and work on the course anywhere, anytime.
The full tuition fee is $2500. This includes absolutely everything! This course fee can be paid in full or we offer 12 month parent payment plans with weekly or fortnightly payment options. Payment Plan information can be found here.
This qualification is funded by the Queensland government under:
HOW CAN I ENROL?
Complete our VETis funding application here