Start planning your future in health administration today
WHO SHOULD DO THIS COURSE?
- Are you returning to the workforce following a break in employment and interested in the flexible work opportunities available in the health industry?
- Are you an administrator wanting to transition into the healthcare sector or currently working in another industry e.g. retail/hospitality and looking for a career change?
- Already working in a health administration role but require deeper skills and knowledge in order to progress your career?
- Working as a medical receptionist or health administrator and want to formalise your skills?
Whether you are looking for a new career opportunity in the healthcare sector or to upskill your existing role, this course is right for you.
This nationally recognised course consists of 13 units of competency (two core and eleven elective units).
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBITU307 Develop keyboard speed and accuracy
- BSBMED304 Assist in controlling stocks and supplies
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED302 Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303 Maintain patient records
- BSBMED305 Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
- BSBADM307 Organise schedules
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU304 Produce Spreadsheets
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- CHCCCS010 Maintain a high standard of service
Students are given up to 24 months to complete this course but through self-paced options, students can complete it much sooner. Download the guide for more information.
WHEN CAN I START?
You can start as soon as your enrolment is processed! For more information, download the guide.
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED?
This is a distance-based online course but students have the option to receive hard copy learning and assessment materials as an alternative to online study should they desire. Of course, all our support services are provided as needed. For more information, download the guide.
GOVERNMENT SUBSIDY OPTIONS AND FUNDING FEES
This course is subsidised for eligible Queensland residents through the Certificate 3 Guarantee program. Eligibility criteria applies. View our funding page for more details.
Funded co-contribution fee Non-concessional $1080 (payment plans available)
Funded co-contribution fee Concessional $550
NON-FUNDED COURSE FEES & PAYMENT OPTIONS
Enrolment and Administration Fee $500 – payable on enrolment
Training Fees – $2350 (payment plans available)
Download the guide for more information.
Download our comprehensive guide to find everything you need to know such as course fees, entry requirements and career outcomes.
Become job ready with Medical Administration Training and our nationally recognised health administration training. We are “the specialist in health related courses” and have been delivering Medical Reception & Health Administration courses around Australia for the past 12 years.