Get a head start on your exciting and rewarding healthcare career
Do you want a career in healthcare?
Healthcare is one of the largest industries in Australia, and a variety of administration positions are opening up in this field.
Unlike many other careers, jobs in healthcare administration includes a variety of locations, including hospitals, doctor’s offices, public health institutions, health insurance companies, long-term care facilities and more. The wide range of opportunities available provides many opportunities for career advancement.
Kickstart your rewarding career with a Medical Administration Training (MAT) qualification.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification however basic computer skills are required.
There are five ACSF Indicator levels. 1,2,3,4,5.
This course requires students to have foundation skill level: Numeracy 2, Learning 2, Writing 2, reading 2, Oral 2 in English. All students will be assessed on their Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) on enrolment.
Courses usually take 12-24 months to complete, depending on the type of training schedule undertaken by the student. Students study from anywhere, anytime. As this is a flexible learning program students can complete much sooner if they desire.
You can start as soon as your enrolment is processed!
This course is a great combination of administration skills and health environment knowledge.
Here are the units you will study:
5 x Core Units:
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate & work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- BSBMED301 – Interpet and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in Workplace Health and Safety
8 x Elective Units
- CHCCS010 – Maintain a high standard of service
- BSBITU306 – Design and produce business documents
- BSBMED304 – Assist in controlling stocks and supplies
- BSBMED305 – Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED302 – Maintain patient records
- BSBFLM309 – Support continuous improvement systems and processes
- CHCCCS020 – Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
100% online – Students login to our easy to use eLearning hub and work on the course anywhere, anytime.
The full tuition fee is $2850. This includes absolutely everything! This course fee can be paid in full or we offer 12 month parent payment plans with weekly or fortnightly payment options. See our payment plan information here.
This qualification is funded by the Queensland government under:
If you have completed Year 12 in the last 12 months – Free tafe for Year 12 Graduates program (Eligibility criteria applies).
To find out more, click here
If it has been more than 12 months since you completed year 12 – Certificate 3 guarantee program (Eligibility criteria applies).
To find out more, click here
If you are eligible for funding please use the links above (under Funding) to complete our funding application.
If you are not eligible for funding you can enrol now.