WHY OUR INFECTION CONTROL COURSE SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM?
Keeping your knowledge of infection control procedures up to date is essential. Our course has been specifically designed for administrators and other non-medical personnel working in medical or allied health services or anyone wishing to pursue a career in this very rewarding industry.
HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures. This is a nationally recognised unit of study addressing the industry requirements.
Key Topics covered in this course are:
- What is infection disease, the chain of infection and how infection spreads?
- Standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control including:
- hand hygiene practices
- environmental cleaning
- disposal of waste
- the use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- identifying when additional precautions are required
- Identifying infection hazards in the workplace and assessing risks associated with identified hazards.
- Procedures to manage the risks associated with these hazards including clinical waste management, spills, clean and contaminated zones.
This is a distance-based on-line course. Our fully accredited course material is accessible anywhere and anytime, with all our support services provided as needed.
Students have the option at enrolment to receive hard copy learning and assessment materials as an alternative to on-line study.
Course cost – $295
This program can also be delivered to groups as in-house professional development. Enquire for pricing.
Enrol and start now!