Medical Terminology Course | Medical Administration Training
This is a nationally recognised unit of competency that you can study online and at your own pace via our ‘virtual classroom’ program.
BSBMED301 – Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
Have you always had an interest in all things medical but found the language used by doctors and other health professionals difficult to understand? Our nationally recognised Medical Terminology Course will have you understanding and using these medical terms like the professionals.
Study online in your own time with the added support of your experienced trainer via phone or email. All resources needed to successfully completed the course are supplied.
Course content includes:
- Word building: Understanding prefixes, suffixes and root words commonly used in the medical industry
- Each system of the body is covered in the course. You will learn about common conditions and procedures relating to:
- the digestive system
- the cardio-vascular system
- the skin
- the nervous system
- the respiratory system
- the male and female reproductive systems
- the endocrine system
- the lymphatic system
- the ear
- the eye
- The use of abbreviations in the medical industry is very common. You will learn what these abbreviations mean and when they are used.
The cost of the Medical Terminology course is $395. Online via our ‘virtual classroom’ or via correspondence. (workbook based)