Fee-Free Training for Year 12 Graduates in Queensland
Kick-start your career by getting the skills employers want without the fees.
To support Year 12 graduates into work, the Queensland Government offers free training in high priority areas.
Eligible Year 12 Graduates must enrol and start training in a high priority qualification within the calendar year after leaving school to take advantage of this great opportunity.
Fee-free training means the full cost of the course fees are covered. Year 12 graduates are exempt from paying student fees under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program. You will find the student fact sheet here.
What can I study with Medical Administration Training fee-free?
The following qualifications are included in the Certificate 3 Guarantee free tafe training for eligible Year 12 graduates:
To be eligible to access the Free tafe for year 12 graduates training, individuals must:
- Have completed Year 12 in Queensland and hold a Senior Statement issued by the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority or equivalent certification
- Enrol and start training with an approved training provider in a high priority qualification by 31 December the year after graduating (e.g. 2019 graduates have to start by 31 December 2020)
- Permanently reside in Queensland.
How to Apply
- Complete the online funding application form here.
- Return the form along with Colour copies (or photos) of your ID
- Process your application. Your application will be assessed on the information provided. Upon receiving all paperwork and supporting evidence, a formal assessment of your eligibility for government funding will be conducted. You will be notified by an enrolments officer on the status of this application once your eligibility has been assessed.
- Link to enrol. If you are successful in obtaining the funding, you will be sent a link to enrol in the course. (Although you aren’t paying anything, you still need to complete the relevant information).
What documents do I need?
Along with the application form, you will need to supply the following documents:
- Electronic copies (or photos) of one of these: Australian Birth Certificate, Australian Passport, Green Medicare Card, Visa
- Electronic copies (or photos) of one of these: of your Drivers License, Proof of age card, Centrelink or other Government-issued form, Current utility bill with your name and address
- A copy of your High School Certificate / Statement of Results from your school.
Before you submit your application, it is important that you provide all the above-required documentation. Without these, we are unable to process your application.
Have a Question?
For assistance with your funding application, your enrolment or any questions in relation to Medical Administration Training, please contact our team. We are more than happy to help you with any questions you may have. Contact us now on 1300 887 082 and we’ll get you started.