Support for retrenched and redundant workers – Tasmania
The Rapid Response Skills Initiative (RRSI) is a Tasmanian Government program that provides support if you have lost your job because of retrenchment due to company downsizing or closure.
It provides funding assistance if you need help to up-skill, retrain or obtain licences in order to gain new employment.
The RRSI program aims to get you back to work as soon as possible by making funding assistance available when you have been notified by your employer that you will be made redundant. This method has proved time and again to quickly put people back on a solid pathway to employment. The program is designed to help you achieve new skills through training, and in doing so, break down barriers to future employment.
The Rapid Response Skills Initiative (RRSI) provides up to $3000 towards the cost of training for people who have lost their jobs because they have been made redundant, the place they worked has closed, or the employer had to let staff go.
- Workers who have been notified they are to be made redundant or have been retrenched in the last 12 months.
- Partners of workers who have been retrenched in the last 12 months who are looking to enter the workforce or gain more secure employment.
To be eligible for funding you need to:
- Be a Tasmanian Resident
- Have lost casual, full-time or part-time work in the last 12 months due to retrenchment, downsizing or business closure
- Be able to provide evidence of job loss, redundancy or retrenchment in the form of Centrelink Separation Certificate, or a notification of redundancy or job loss, such as a legitimate letter or email from your employer.
If so, you may be able to immediately access up to $3000 towards the cost of training to help you get back to work as soon as possible. This includes up to $500 for employment advice.
- People who have been dismissed, or decided to resign from their job.
- People who are not Tasmanian residents.
- People who can reasonably access funding from other Australian or Tasmanian Government programs, or the separating employer, for the requested assistance.
Medical Administration Training offers the following nationally accredited online courses:
BSB31115 Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical)
HLT37315 Certificate III in Health Administration
HLT47315 Certificate IV in Health Administration
HLT57715 Diploma of Practice Management
HLT57715 & BSB50215 Dual Diploma of Practice Management and Business
Medical Reception and Terminology
To commence your application, click here.
- Our courses are Centrelink approved and nationally recognised
- Students will be required to complete a Training and Employment survey within three months of completing or discontinuing the course
- All students will be assessed on their Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) prior to course commencement
- Satisfactory course progression is required under this program
- Below is a list of Career / Employment Advisors who may be able to assist you with an appropriate employment and training pathway:Register of Career / Employment Advisors