The Skills Checkpoint Funding for Older Workers is a Federal Government initiative providing training for eligible Australian residents.
It is designed to help older Australians aged between 45 and 70 to re-skill or up-skill in:
- In order to transition to a new career
- Skills they need to undertake a new role with their current employer
- Skills needed to increase their capacity to perform in their current role
Click on the link below and take the eligibility test.
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY HERE
The following courses are included in the Skills Checkpoint Funding:
- An Australian resident
- 45-70 years of age
In addition, you will need to fit into one (1) of the below categories:
- Not receiving assistance through an Australian Government employment services program
- Unemployed (not longer than 3 consecutive months)
- Employed and wish to reskill, upskill or undertake training to move into a new role in your current employment
- Transitioning into a new career and wish to reskill, upskill or undertake training to meet the requirements of your new job or to gain the qualifications required to work in that field
- Undertake a new role with a current employer
- Currently employed but at risk of entering the income support system due to redundancy, reduction of hours or closure of the business
The Federal Government will provide half of the funds for training (up to $2,200) on a relevant accredited qualification. The applicant (or third party i.e. employer) will contribute the remaining half of the course fees on enrolment (no payment plans available)
If the course cost exceeds $4,400 the participant (or third party) would be required to pay the gap.
The course fees are outlined below:
Your Course Contribution:
- HLT37315 Certificate III in Health Administration – You pay $1450 (Government pays $1450)
- BSB31115 Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) – You pay $1450 (Government pays $1450)
- HLT47315 Certificate IV in Health Administration – You pay $1725 (Government pays $1750)
- HLT57715 Diploma of Practice Management – You pay $3050 (Government pays $2200)
- HLT57715 & BSB50215 Dual Diploma of Practice Management and Business – You pay $3050 (Government pays $2200)
This fee includes absolutely everything: tuition, training materials and support. This fee may be paid on your behalf by an employer or another third party such as an employer or rehabilitation consultant.
- Our courses are nationally recognised
- Students will be required to complete a Training and Employment survey within three months of completing or discontinuing the course
- All students will be assessed on their Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) prior to course commencement
- Satisfactory course progression is required