Please check your relevant State funding (under our Funding Tab on our website) options prior to completing the Skills Checkpoint Funding.
The Skills Checkpoint Funding for Older Workers is a Federal Government initiative providing training for eligible Australian residents.
It is designed to help older Australians aged over 40 years of age
- to re-skill or up-skill;
- transition to a new career;
- Gain skills they need to undertake a new role with their current employer;
- Gain skills needed to increase their capacity to perform in their current role
Click on the link below and take the eligibility test.
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY HERE
The following courses are included in the Skills Checkpoint Funding:
- are over the age of 40
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- are currently employed OR recently unemployed (within 12 months) and not registered with an Australian Government employment services provider
- have completed a Skills Checkpoint assessment that identified training opportunities through the Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program (Program).
The Federal Government will provide up to 50% of the funds for training up to $2,200 (GST Inclusive) on a relevant accredited qualification. This fee must be paid upfront on approval and may be paid by yourself or a third party.
If the course cost exceeds $4,400 (GST Inclusive) the participant or nominated third party would be required to pay the gap.
You can find out more information about the Incentive and the Program by:
- visiting www.skillscheck.com.au
- visiting the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website at https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-checkpoint-older-workers-program and https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-and-training-incentive; and
- contacting your local Program Provider, who can help you apply for the Program and potentially access the Incentive, using the details below:
Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and Northern Territory residents:
The Busy Group
Phone: 13 BUSY (13 28 79)
New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory residents:
Phone: 1300 4 VERTO (1300 483 786)