The Skills Checkpoint Funding for Older Workers is a Federal Government initiative providing training for eligible Australian residents.
It is designed to help older Australians aged over 40 years of age transition into new roles within their current industry or find pathways to a new career.
Click on the link below and take the eligibility test.CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY HERE
The following courses are included in the Skills Checkpoint Funding:
You can do the Skills Checkpoint Program if you are
- aged 40 years or over
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- employed and at risk of becoming unemployed and entering the income support system
recently unemployed (within 12 months) and not referred to or registered with a Commonwealth funded employment services provider.
The Federal Government will provide up to 75% of the funds for training up to $2,200 (GST Inclusive) on a relevant accredited qualification. This fee must be paid upfront on approval and may be paid by yourself or a third party.
You can find out more information about the Incentive and the Program by:
- visiting www.skillscheck.com.au
- visiting the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website at https://www.dewr.gov.au/skills-and-training-incentive and https://www.dewr.gov.au/skills-checkpoint-older-workers-program; and
- contacting the Program Provider, who can help you apply for the Program and potentially access the Incentive, using the details below:
The Busy Group
Phone: 13 BUSY (13 28 79)