If you haven’t already done so, please check your eligibility for JobTrainer funding first. You can do so here.

If you want to study a course that will give you skills employers need, the South Australian Government pays part of your course fees for you.

Click on the link below and take the eligibility test. 



What course can I study with this funding
Am I eligible for Skills SA Funding?

To be eligible for funding you need to be:

You may be eligible for subsidised training if you live or work in South Australia, and you are:

  • an Australian or New Zealand citizen
  • a permanent Australian resident, or
  • an eligible visa holder. If you’re not sure, take a look through the eligibility criteria here

and are:

  • 16 years or over and not enrolled at school
  • 16 years or over, enrolled in school and undertaking training through the Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS), or
  • undertaking training through a training contract.

Eligible people may access:

Based on your training and employment level, you may also access the funding if you fit into the following categories:

You don’t have a qualification or you are an unemployed job seeker who is registered with an Employment Service Provider, you can complete:

  • One Certificate II course
  • two courses from Certificate III to advanced diploma level

You have a qualification up to a Certificate II level, you can complete:

  • two courses from Certificate III to advanced diploma level

You have a completed Qualification up to a Certificate III level or above (including university qualifications), you can complete:

  • one course from Certificate III to advanced diploma level

You can enrol in a maximum of two subsidised courses at a time.


What if I have previously completed subsidised training?

Eligible students can access this funding regardless of their prior qualification and training they have already completed.

What if I have completed an Apprenticeship or Traineeship?

Any previous subsidised training will not affect your eligibility for subsidised training when undertaking an apprenticeship or traineeship. The course you complete during your apprenticeship or traineeship will count towards your future entitlement.

What are the fees?

Although government funding covers most of the cost of your course, you are required to make a small co-contribution on enrolment.

BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Medical Administration)
$150 – Fee can be paid in full on enrolment.

HLT37315 Certificate III in Health Administration
$150 – Fee can be paid in full on enrolment.

HLT47321 Certificate IV in Health Administration
$250 – Fee can be paid in full on enrolment

HLT57715 Diploma of Practice Management
$250 – Fee can be paid in full on enrolment or by payment plan

This fee includes absolutely everything: tuition, training materials and support. You can pay by credit card or direct deposit.  This fee may be paid on your behalf by an employer or another third party such as a job active provider or rehabilitation consultant.

What else do I need to know?
  • Our courses are nationally recognised
  • All students will be assessed on their Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) prior to course commencement
  • There will be a telephone or zoom interview conducted in order to determine your eligibility into this program
  • Satisfactory course progression is required under this program
  • For further information in relation to this funding, please visit: www.skills.sa.gov.au