As a student of Medical Administration Training Pty Ltd you’ll be a valued member of an organisation that really cares about your success. We are “the specialist in health related training” and have been delivering Medical Reception, Business Administration and Health Administration courses around Australia since 2004.
What do our students say?
In this Nationally Recognised course you will complete 8 modules that consist of 13 units of competency (six core and seven elective units).
This unit is the most important unit of any medical reception course in preparing you for the workplace. These subject look at medical records and medical accounts and ways to protect the privacy and confidentiality of patients, and how to prevent and address them. You will be taken on a journey of discovery of the human body. Using prefixes, root words and suffixes, you will learn how to dissect those difficult medical words confidently. Unit(s):
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Medical Reception Module – Clustered unit consisting of:
- BSBMED302 Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303 Maintain patient records
- BSBMED305 Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
*Include access to and use of the specialised medical software package Clinic to Cloud as well as tutorials in Best Practice and Pracsoft
These subjects look at the important skill that is needed in all Medical job roles. Communication is at the heart of how we interact with one another. Understanding how to communicate effectively can therefore have positive benefits in a medical practice and life. Medical reception staff also need to have a positive approach to their role as they create first impressions with clients. Unit(s):
- BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
- Communication Module – Clustered unit consisting of:
- BSBCRT311 Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
This unit provides the skills and knowledge required to design and produce various simple business documents.
- Documents Module – Clustered unit consisting of:
- BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents
- BSBWRT311 Write simple documents
Work Health & Safety policies, procedures and compliance are the focus of all Medical Practices. These subjects provide an understanding of safety responsibilities. It covers workplace evacuations as well as identifying relevant safety training and procedures that may be required. It also looks at ways to improve and support personal well-being in the workplace by managing stress and work priorities. Unit(s):
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- Wellbeing Module – Clustered unit consisting of:
- BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities
The overall aim of this subject is for students to be able to identify improvements and apply “green” practices that benefit the business as well as the environment.
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
Upon successful completion of this qualification, you can work in the following job roles:
- Medical Receptionist at a Medical Practice
- Medical Receptionist at an Allied health facility i.e. dietician, physio, chiropractor clinic etc.
- Receptionist (any industry)
- Office administrator in a medical environment
- Office administrator (any industry)
- Medical Secretary in Specialist Rooms
Students are given up to 8 months full time or 16 months part time to complete this course but through self-paced options, students can complete it much sooner. Download the guide for more information.
When can I start?
We don’t have any set intake dates which means students will be able to commence this course as soon as the enrolment is processed. For more information, download the guide.
What equipment do I need to join online?
This is a distance-based online course. Our fully accredited course material is accessible anywhere and anytime. Students can participate in the online course using a Desktop Computer or Laptop; some course work may be completed via mobile devices. You will also need an internet connection to connect in, an up-to-date browser e.g. Internet Explorer 8+, Chrome or Firefox and access to Microsoft Office.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING?
COURSE FEES & PAYMENT OPTIONS
Total course cost was $1800
Payment plans available.
Payable on enrolment – $150 (non-refundable enrolment & administration fee) plus 33 x weekly payments of $50. Payment plan information can be found here.
What is included in my training?
All learning support material is included with no textbooks or other resources required for purchase
Anytime, anywhere user-friendly eLearn access
Use of Clinic to Cloud practice software
Access to a Careers Workshop focusing on your career plan from start to finish
Tutorials in Best Practice and Pracsoft
Computer Skills – The course is an online course so you need to have basic computer skills.
English Reading and Writing – As a guide – an equivalent of Australia’s Year 10 school certificate, or have proven workplace written communication skills.
Numeracy Skills – Numeracy skills are only required to a basic level e.g. calculations with calculators.
WHAT TYPE OF ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES CAN I EXPECT?
Our assessments are competency based so relax no test with a pass or fail result. Assessment is usually carried out via a combination of:
- Short answer Questions
- Scenarios for you to read and respond to
- Role play activities (video evidence required)
- Simulated tasks
We allow students three attempts of each assessment and your Trainer will always provide you with written feedback to guide you.
What if I need help?
At Medical Administration Training, we understand that returning to study or learning online for the first time can be a little daunting. From the moment you enrol you will have our support. Our student administration support team will assist you through the enrolment process, provide you with access to our Learning Management System (LMS) and help you with all your general enquiries.
Students have access to the student support team via email, phone or by messaging their training in the LMS.