Are you thinking about advancing your career in health administration management? Well, you are on the right track.
The Diploma of Practice Management is the primary qualification for practice managers and aspiring practice managers who manage the operation of small to medium size health practice.
The Diploma covers key managerial topics such as compliance, budgets, managing team effectiveness, ensuring quality customer service, managing safety and risk and harbouring a culture of continuous improvement. Key health-related subjects cover off on infection control, medical terminology and managing a health billing system.
Get qualified and advance your career with our nationally accredited HLT57715 Diploma of Practice Management.
- Already working in a health administration role but need to enhance your skills and knowledge in order to progress your career?
- Working in a Practice Management role and want to have your skills formalised?
- Are you a high level administrator interested in the flexible work opportunities available in the health industry?
What do our students say?
This Nationally Recognised course consists of 15 units of competency (10 Core and 5 Elective units).
Communication is at the heart of how we interact with one another and our patients. Senior health administration staff are required to identify issues that may cause communication misunderstandings and solve complex customer complaints and system problems that lead to poor patient service. Unit(s):
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- Customer Service Module – Clustered unit consisting of:
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBCUS403 Implement customer service standards
The primary goal of leadership is to bring out the best in people through respect, care and continual support. These units provide the knowledge and skill required to recruit staff and manage their performance. Unit(s):
- BSBHRM506 Manage recruitment selection & induction processes
- BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
Management at a strategic level requires systems and procedures to be developed and implemented to facilitate the organisation’s operational plan. These units provide the knowledge required to research and monitor legal requirements, meet ethical responsibilities and lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes. Unit(s):
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance management processes
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
These subjects cover the skills and knowledge required to undertake financial management within the Practice. This includes implementing and monitoring a billing and accounting system, planning and implementing financial management approaches, supporting team members whose role involves aspects of financial operations, monitoring and controlling finances and reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of financial management processes. Unit(s):
- HLTADM004 Manage health billing and accounting system
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
WHS and infection prevention and control policies, procedures and compliance are the focus of most medical practices.
These subjects provide the skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain, evaluate and monitor compliance with risk control processes. Unit(s):
- HLTINF003 Implement and monitor infection prevention control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
Employment and Entry Requirements
Students should be working as a Practice Manager or in another healthcare administration role with suitable opportunities in the work environment to carry out the learning and assessment activities associated with this course.
For entry into Medical Administration Training (MAT) accredited VET courses students must be assessed for Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) capabilities. As a guide – an equivalent of Australia’s Year 12 certificate. To view the required Australian Core Skills Framework ACSF levels Click here
Computer Skills – Students are required to be familiar with operating Practice Management software. They must also be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
What type of Assessment Activites Can I Expect?
Our assessments are competency based so relax no test with a pass or fail result. Assessment is usually carried out via a combination of:
- Short answer Questions
- Scenarios for you to read and respond to
- Role play activities (video evidence required)
- Workplace and simulated tasks
- Samples of workplace documentation
We allow students three attempts of each assessment and your Trainer will always provide you with written feedback to guide you.
Students are given up to 24 months to complete this course but through self-paced options, students can complete it much sooner. Download the guide for more information.
WHEN CAN I START?
You can start as soon as your enrolment is processed! For more information, download the guide.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED TO JOIN ONLINE?
This is a distance-based online course. Our fully accredited course material is accessible anywhere and anytime. Students can participate in the online course using a Desktop Computer or Laptop; some course work may be completed via mobile devices. You will also need an internet connection to connect in, an up-to-date browser e.g. Internet Explorer 8+, Chrome or Firefox and access to Microsoft Office. Students are required to have access to their own Practice Management Software.
AREY YOU ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING?
NON-FUNDED COURSE FEES & PAYMENT OPTIONS
Total course cost $5250
Payment plans available: Payable on enrolment – $500 (non-refundable enrolment & administration fee) plus 50 x weekly payments @$95. Payment plan information can be found here.