As a student of Medical Administration Training Pty Ltd you’ll be a valued member of an organisation that really cares about your success. You’ll get ongoing advice and learning support from your own dedicated mentor, and you’ll learn from highly skilled, experienced trainers who are 100% committed to your success.
In this Nationally Recognised course you will complete 10 modules that consist of 13 units of competency (five core and eight elective units).
These subjects look at medical records and medical accounts and ways to protect the privacy and confidentiality of patients and how to prevent and address them. You will be taken on a journey of discovery of the human body. Using prefixes, root words and suffixes, you will learn how to dissect those difficult medical words confidently. Unit(s):
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Medical Reception Module – Clustered unit consisting of:
- BSBMED302 Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303 Maintain patient records
- BSBMED305 Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
*Include access to and use of the specialised medical software package Clinic to Cloud as well as tutorials in Best Practice and Pracsoft.
These subjects look at the important skill that is needed in all heathcare job roles. Communication is at the heart of how we interact with one another and our patients. Understanding how to communicate effectively can therefore have positive benefits in the workplace and life. Health administration staff will also need to know how to identify and defuse difficult situations and manage challenging behaviours. Unit(s):
- CHCCOM005 Communicate & work in health or community services
- CHCCCS020 Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- CHCCCS010 Maintain a high standard of service
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
This unit provides the skills and knowledge required to design and produce various simple business documents.
- Documents Module – Clustered unit consisting of:
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
The primary goal of inventory control in healthcare should be providing safe and appropriate care to patients. Work Health & Safety policies, procedures and compliance are the focus of all Healthcare facilities. These subjects provide an understanding of stock control and safety responsibilities. Unit(s):
- HLTWHS001 Participate in WHS
- BSBMED304 Assist in controlling stocks and supplies
The overall aim of this subject is for students to have a thorough understanding of the principles of controlling the spread of infection in the workplace. Unit(s):
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Upon successful completion of this qualification, you can work in the following job roles:
- Medical Receptionist at a General Practice
- Office administrator in a medical environment
- Medical Secretary in Specialist Rooms
- Medical Receptionist at an Allied health facility i.e. dietician, physio, chiropractor clinic etc.
- Hospital administration including: Ward Clerk, Admissions Clerk etc.
WHAT TYPE OF ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES CAN I EXPECT?
Our assessments are competency based so relax no test with a pass or fail result. Assessment is usually carried out via a combination of:
- Multiple choice, true/false and short answer questions
- Practical online activities and scenarios
We allow students three attempts of each assessment and your Trainer will always provide you with written feedback to guide you.
Students are given up to 18 months to complete this course but through self-paced options, students can complete it much sooner. Download the guide for more information.
WHEN CAN I START?
This is a flexible program and has no set intake dates. For more information, download the guide.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED TO JOIN ONLINE?
This is a distance-based online course. Our fully accredited course material is accessible anywhere and anytime. Students can participate in the online course using a Desktop Computer or Laptop; some course work may be completed via mobile devices. You will also need an internet connection to connect in, an up-to-date browser e.g. Internet Explorer 8+, Chrome or Firefox and access to Microsoft Office.
ARE GOVERNMENT SUBSIDY OPTIONS AVAILABLE?
This course is subsidised for eligible Queensland residents through the Skills Assure Certificate 3 Guarantee program ‘funded by the Queensland Government’. Eligibility criteria applies. View our funding page or course guide for more details.
This course is also subsidised for South Australian residents or workers through the South Australian Skills WorkReady and JobTrainer programs. Eligibility criteria applies. View our funding page or course guide for more details.
WHAT ARE THE COURSE FEES & PAYMENT OPTIONS?
Total course cost $2500 Payment plans available Payable on enrolment – $150 (non-refundable enrolment & administration fee) plus 50 x weekly payments @$47. View the payment plan information here.
Computer Skills – The course is an online course so you need to have basic computer skills.
English Reading and Writing – As a guide – an equivalent of Australia’s Year 10 school certificate, or have proven workplace written communication skills.
Numeracy Skills – Numeracy skills are only required to a basic level e.g. calculations with calculators.